Tuesday, September 05, 2017

You're a good apple - Paper Play Sketches

Wednesday September 6, 2017
 
Wow September already.. Did you who live in the USA have a nice Labor Day weekend?
We always stay home. Don't like traffic and we don't camp.. which is how I relate to the Labor day holiday weekend..
 
Well at Paper Play Sketches we have another challenge and the theme is below..
 
 
With kids heading back to school this would be a nice way to make a card for the student or the teacher..

 
I kinda went with the background brick colors in the photo for my background and used Lawn Fawn stamps for my card.
I first took Watercolor paper and stamped the letters and white embossed. I then took a few browns and a red from Ranger cube inks and squished down on my craft mat and spritzed with water. I laid the watercolor paper in it and dried, then repeated until I got the look I liked.  I took the chalk board and stamped it then cut the inside chalk board part out and the frame. I added a scrap of Quick Quote script paper and stamped the sentiment on the chalk board. (I guess I should of colored the piece of chalk black vs. brown.. I guess the teacher is still holding the chalk in her hand and the brown is for another time.. LOL)..  then stamped the apples, chalk, ruler and colored with Zig markers. I fussy cut them out and added them to the card. I added Glossy Accents to the apples.  This is a super fun card. 

Challenges:
A bit more time to craft #51 - anything goes
Naughty or nice #43 - framed
Hiding in my craft room #316 - fall colors
HeARTful stamping - anything goes
The daily marker - Day 6
Artistic inspirations #185 - anything goes
Make my Monday #54 - for a child
Love to scrap #101 - anything goes
Simon Monday - stamp it
Crafting from the heart #173 - anything goes
Crafty sentiments - anything goes
Shopping our stash #319 - on trend (smooshing background with Ranger inks)
Word art Wednesday wk. 298-299 - anything goes
Simon Wednesday - stamp it


15 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love your fabulous card!

Lynne in NI said...

Great card, your background looks amazing!! Thanks for playing along at Naughty or Nice :)

Heather said...

So cute!! That background looks fabulous and the little apples are adorable! Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love your smooshed background in those beautiful Autumn colors.
The blackboard is such a sweet image, love the dimension too.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for sharing your adorable card with us at Naughty or Nice Challenges, Billie! Jo x

Lindsey said...

Your background is fabulous! A perfect back-to-school card. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

Amelia UC said...

Very cute card!

Sandra said...

What a lovely card. The background is amazing with the random letters and all inked up. The board is so cute and love the apples. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Anna said...

Very beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week! Anna

Donna said...

Fab card Billie!
Thanks for getting your trend on with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at NoN, good luck!!! Amy DT

Tracy Freeman said...

Such a fun card, the background looks brilliant.

Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

sweetpea said...

Great card design. Thanks for sharing it with us at MMM Janet DT

Jenscrapstoo said...

Thanks for sharing your talent, great card!!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo